This cuvée takes its name from a small parcel of the
Adrianna Vineyard that is completely covered with oval
white stones and was the site of an ancient riverbed. The
abundant stones provide optimal drainage and extreme
temperatures. They absorb heat and moderate the nights,
but also function like ice cubes after a very cold night.
Stony soil Malbecs tend to be extremely aromatic, rich and
luxurious, just like the River Stones Malbec from Adrianna.
This wine can be enjoyed young or aged for decades.
- Fermentation: In 225 liter oak barrels and 500 liter French oak roll-fermenters for 8 days
- Max. Fermentation Temperature: 25-30° C, 15 day maceration
- Aging: 24 months in barrel, oak treatment is decided according to the vintage characteristics. French Oak
- Varietal: Malbec
- Alcohol: 13.7 %
- Total Acidity: 6.9 grams/liter
- pH: 3.6
- 500 lts foudres
- Wild yeasts
- Key Word Descriptors: floral, exuberant, lengthy smooth tannins, metallic